Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Read-Along: Introduction

I'm not sure that I'm comfortable/awesome enough to compare myself to the amazing Ana Mardoll or Fred Clark and their deconstructions and commentary of Twilight and Left Behind. But I found myself ... inspired.

I recently re-read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and I have a friend who's been reading some classics recently so I thought maybe I could put together a blog series where I post some thoughts about classic novels that are out of copyright  and maybe if anyone ever reads my blog we can have Interesting Discussions in the comments. It can be like an online book club or something! I thought I would start (haha! I plan to go slowly so... if I do this right not too much danger of me ever finishing) with Pride and Prejudice since I have read it... um, a lot.

So! Review Tuesdays and Read-Along Fridays. Check back Friday for chapter 1, I guess?

[Edit] So having actually written a couple of chapters now I have a better feeling about how I'm doing this. Working with a text that is out of copyright means I am going to use the WHOLE text of the book in my Read-Along series. So reading my series you'll get to read the whole book which I think makes my series a little bit different than some of the deconstructions I've been inspired by. Anyway I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment