Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Review: Ana Mardoll's Ramblings

I tried reading Twilight once but never got past the part where Bella lies to everyone she knows about where she is going and runs off deep into the woods with a guy that she suspect wants to kill her. Then he tells her that he wants to kill her and apparently this is supposed to be romantic? Ew. I stopped right there.

But the amazingly amazing Ana Mardoll has been "deconstructing" twilight for, uh, a while which means I never actually have to read it myself and reading Mardoll's commentary is around a million percent more enjoyable than the book itself! Thanks Ana!

I mentioned Ana's deconstructions briefly when I introduced my Read Along series. The first Chapter of Pride and Prejudice I posted on Friday. It was her series along with other ongoing reviews/deconstructions like Fred Clark's Left Behind series and Something Short and Snappy's one on Fifty Shades of Grey which really gave me the idea. Of course I may be cheating by doing a book that not only doesn't suck but that I actually love quite a lot, but never mind.

Mardoll also posts lighter deconstructions of other interesting things like Narnia, and she also wrote a rad book which I read and was awesome!

I enjoy pretty much everything she posts and I recommend her blog to pretty much anyone. Seriously, her blog is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment